A weekly rundown of what’s good to read in baseball.
- Trevor Bauer was utterly enchanting as he assisted a Twitter fan with her math homework. Also proved he’d hella smart (which showed again later in the week when he argued that players DO use sabermetrics and stats when researching opponents.) Bauer is fast becoming one of my favourite players to follow on social media.
- Speaking of which, how adorable is this photo of Justin Verlander from his Italian vacation with fiancee Kate Upton?
- Actually now that we’re on the topic of Justin and Kate, perhaps you were living under a rock last week and missed the supermodel’s response to JV’s Cy Young snub.
— Kate Upton (@KateUpton) November 16, 2016
- In response to Kate’s tweets, Ken Rosenthal posted a thoughtful dissection of how Cy Young voters failed to meet the expectations of the vote.
Over at Bless You Boys last week I had a few things to share:
- I take a look at the changing role Greg Holland might take in the bullpen next season for whatever team nabs him.
- Chris Sale got a double dose of features when I speculated how the Tigers might benefit from him going to a different division. Then I wondered how ugly the uniforms he might need to wear could be.
- With offseason trades heating up, I take a look at how Chris Archer might fit in the Tigers starting rotation. (I was all about guys named Chris this week.
- And lastly, in what might be my most hated piece yet, I suggested the Tigers might want to consider bringing back Alex Avila next season. The BYB Facebook had a meltdown. Sorry not sorry.