A weekly roundup of what’s good to read in baseball.
- Hannah Jeter wrote a beautiful editorial about her romance with Yankees great Derek Jeter, and there’s a little bit of exciting news in there, too.
- Grant Brisbee is very much on point with his scathing take-down of the newly proposed baseball rules. His URL game also continues to be on point.
- Doug Bruzzone wrote an article about Brian Wilson’s attempt to redeem himself as a knuckleballer. This is a link to that article.
- Trevor Bauer straight up lost his mind on Twitter.
- Tigers Ian Kinsler, Daniel Norris, and former-Tiger Bryan Holaday joined the Warstic bat team and a Navy SEAL to create 12 perfect minutes of video:
Mandatory Player Instagram photo:
She said yes! pic.twitter.com/Zi7EMSpEgS
— Sean Doolittle (@whatwouldDOOdo) February 10, 2017
Over at Bless You Boys I had a busy month so far:
- I got a chance to review the MLB Network’s Jim Leyland doc.
- ESPN ranked the Tigers’ best prospects and I offered a breakdown of what their place in the top 10 means.
- Truck day arrived, taking the Tigers one step closer to Spring Training.
- For fun, I wrote my annual Spring Training post as a sonnet this year.
- Jeffrey Loria might be selling the Marlins and oh boy do I have some things to say about it.
- Prince Fielder is getting his own cooking show.