A weekly roundup of what’s good to read in baseball.
- A great story about how the iconic Blue Jays logo was created.
- Jake Peavy isn’t reporting to any spring training camps this year, and the reason for it is heartbreaking.
- Rob Manfred continues to make stupid decisions. Stacey May Fowles explains why the intentional walk rule should remain in place in a truly wonderful post for The Globe and Mail.
- Marcus Stroman took over behind the camera on photo day and captured some amazing portraits of Kevin Pillar, Devon Travis, Jose Bautista, and more.
“All the shots you see below were taken by me — except any that you don’t really like.”
— The Players’ Tribune (@PlayersTribune) February 23, 2017
Here’s a photo of Clayton Kershaw doing yoga with his daughter.
Another offseason down… have to thank my trainer once again for her incredible work! pic.twitter.com/LgCfWvBx10
— Clayton Kershaw (@ClaytonKersh22) February 14, 2017
Over at Bless You Boys I was all over the map:
- I discussed ESPN’s F grade of the Tigers offseason.
- The Vegas odds are in on the Tigers 2017 win-loss ratio.
- The newly renovated Joker Marchant Stadium in Lakeland, FL, was open for the press to look at.
- J.D. Martinez got a scary gift from The Walking Dead.
- Shane Greene is embracing his place as a reliever.
- I take a look at who might be playing middle infield roles for the Tigers.
- The Tigers played baseball! Against college kids!
- Justin Verlander really wants to bat.
- Mike Ilitch will be honored this season with a memorial patch.