A weekly roundup of what’s good to read in baseball.
- A Redditor decided to go right to the source and ask major league teams why he should become a fan. The teams who responded really nailed it.
- Grant Brisbee live-blogged the final game of the World Baseball Classic and it was everything I could have dreamed.
- Ever dreamed of spending all day with Orbit, the Houston Astros mascot? Now is your chance.
- Justine Siegal made history as the first woman to be on the coaching staff of a WBC team in a qualifying event.
— Justine Siegal (@justinebaseball) March 22, 2017
This photo of Tigers short stop Jose Iglesias and his family is too cute.
Good morning my people I am blessed I love my family they are my inspiration to be great /Soy una persona bendecida de tener esta familia y de jugar beisbol en grandes ligas no estoy supuesto a estar aquí por eso lo difruto al máximo y me esfuerzo cada día para ser mejor dios me los bendiga #familyfirst #perseverancia
Over at Bless You Boys this week:
- I shared some spring training news and notes.
- The Tigers made some cuts.
- Justin Verlander and Kate Upton raised money and helped some cute dogs.
Correction: I originally stated that Justine Siegal coached in a WBC event, but she coached in a qualifying event, not a WBC game. This mistake was entirely mine and I have corrected the post above.